Barbecued Turkey Wings or Drums
BARBECUED TURKEY WINGS OR DRUMS
Author: Nova Scotia Turkey Farmers
Recipe type: Supper
- 4 small TURKEY drumsticks
- 4 TURKEY wings cut up (discard tips)
- 2 tbsp vegatable oil 30 mL
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar 30 mL
- ¾ cup ketchup 175 mL
- ¼ cup lemon juice 50 mL
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 15 mL
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Tabasco to taste
- Par-boil the wings and drumsticks for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add oil and saute onions 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Add brown sugar, continue to cook and stir on medium heat 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Reserve half of sauce.
- Brush the turkey pieces with sauce and cook approximately 15 minutes on each side.
- Cook the turkey pieces on a lightly oiled grill about 5 inches (14 cm) above charcoal or on a gas barbeque, used medium heat.
- Brush often during cooking.
- Turkey is cooked with the juices run clear.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
- Tip: For spicy wings and drumsticks, increase the amount of tabasco.