Working With Ground Turkey
• Keep in mind that because turkey is lower in fat, the meat dries out quickly once cooked.
• Be sure to cook ground turkey until no longer pink inside.
• Ground turkey should be kept in the refrigerator and used within 2 days of purchase. If not used immediately, it can be frozen for up to 6 months.
• Because ground turkey contains very little fat, it will stick to the pan when cooking. Be sure to use non-stick cookware and use oil or a cooking spray.
• Ground turkey is made from 100% turkey meat. The product may be a mixture of thigh and breast meat or thigh and drum meat. Read the package label for this information, or ask the meat manager in the store.
• Ground turkey contains less fat than other ground meats. Only 5-8%. It has a delicate flavor and combines well with most seasonings. Try some of your favorite recipes using ground meats and substitute ground turkey.