Author: Nova Scotia Turkey Farmers
Recipe type: Main
- 1½ lb Ground turkey 750 g
- 1 small onion chopped 1
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15ml
- ½ tsp oregano 2 ml
- 1 tbsp chili powder 15ml
- ¼ tsp garlic powder 1 ml
- 1 tsp each salt and paprika 5ml
- 6 taco shells (hard or soft)
- Sauté turkey and onion in oil. Add oregano, chili powder, salt, paprika and garlic powder.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until moisture has evaporated. Heat taco shells in 350º F (180 ºC) oven for 5 minutes.
- Spoon turkey mixture into taco shells and top as desired with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese and salsa.
Variation: substitute turkey strips and flour tortillas for quick turkey fajitas. You could also serve chopped green onion, black olives, green chilies and avocado as toppings.
Calories: 265 Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 10g Protein: 21g